Scholarship announcement (2018-2019)
The Lady Meherbai D Tata Education Trust awards scholarships to Indian women graduates of recognised universities to pursue higher education abroad. The Trust invites applications for the academic year 2018-2019 in the following fields of study:
- Social work
- Social sciences (with proposal in an applied area preferably as listed below)
- Education and welfare of children with special needs
- Gender studies – violence against women and children including domestic violence
- Child health – development and nutrition
- Health policy and health education – mental health (with a focus on women and children)
- Public health – community health services, reproductive health
- Needs of adolescents – urban and rural
- Rural development work (with a focus on women and children)
- Communication for development (with a focus on women’s issues)
- Development studies (applications in the field of community development, public policy, social policy, social development and sustainable development will be accepted)
- Research and study of social norms in communities
- Indian women graduates from a recognised university
- Consistently remarkable academic record
- Must have applied for admission / secured admission to reputed accredited universities or institutions in the United States, UK or Europe for the year 2018-2019
- A minimum 2 years of work experience in the requisite fields of study is mandatory
Please note: Candidates applying / studying for part-time, short-term or correspondence courses are not eligible to apply.
Application forms will be emailed to the students on request from Thursday, March 15, 2018, to Friday, April 13, 2018.
Application forms will be emailed to the applicants upon submission of an email giving details of:
- The course they wish to pursue
- The university to be attended
- The course fee required
- Sources of funding
- Their current profile along with documents for the same
Applicants to request for an application form by sending an email to email@example.com along with the details and documents as requested in the above paragraph. Incomplete requests from candidates will not be considered by the Trust office.
Students are requested to submit the completed forms along with all the required documents at the Trust’s office at: Mulla House, 3rd floor, Homi Mody Street, Mumbai 400 001 by Thursday, April 26, 2018.
Students shortlisted for the interviews and scholarships awarded would be solely at the discretion of the trustees of the Lady Meherbai D Tata Education Trust.