The Tata Trusts support deserving students and researchers in pursuit of knowledge through initiatives such as:
- Scholarships to meritorious students to pursue higher and professional studies in any of the colleges linked with the Trusts, in India. Every year when the scholarship is announced, the list of linked colleges would be displayed on the website.
- Loan scholarships for studies abroad.
- Research scholarships in India.
- Financial assistance for studies abroad
- Financial assistance for studies in Mumbai and its suburbs
- Travel grants to provide assistance for training programmes and workshops.
- The Lady Meherbai D. Tata Education Trust scholarship is for Indian women graduates from recognised Indian universities to pursue higher education abroad. The scholarship for the academic year 2016 -17 is closed.
- The Tata Institute of Social Sciences Scholarship is given to students pursuing their studies at the Tata Institute of Social Sciences, based on the recommendation of the institute.
- Trusts accepts applications for aviation scholarships from cadets pursuing pilot training or those who have just completed their course at the Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Uran Akademi (IGRUA), Raebarelli. Cadets recommended by IGRUA are only considered.
Studies in India Programme
The mainstay of the Studies in India Programme is the linkages formed by the Trusts with educational institutes, including colleges of repute in the country in the fields of engineering, medicine, pharmacy and nursing (fields may be changed on the discretion of the Trusts and the same would be displayed on the website).
JN Tata Endowment for Higher Education
The JN Tata Endowment, formalised and established in 1892, selects candidates of caliber and credentials and enables them to pursue quality higher education at some of the best institutes in the world. A rigorous selection process ensures that only the nation’s most talented and gifted students are awarded the scholarships.To know more, please visit www.jntataendowment.org
Young Researcher Award
The Young Researcher Award is given to scientists in the field of medical research.